Skip to main content

Yoga Practice Week 4

This week, I still went to Tilton Fitness but attended a "Fitness Yoga" class led by a different instructor named Carlos. His style was different from Sandy's and he foucsed a lot of stretching and Sirsasana which I learned was a head stand. I could definitely feel my core being worked and exercised during this class. He was also very fit and muscular which made sense with his positions and style he teaches I suppose. I wasn't able to master a head stand, but I was able to get into aBakasana (Crow pose)! I was actually really excited and Carols assisted me into this pose at first but I was eventually able to get into this pose on my own by the end of the class! I also noticed that I have been focusing in on my breathing, specifically inhalation and exhalation a lot more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yoga Week 14

As this is my final blogpost, I'd like to reflect on this great experience. Between the karma project, essays, and the yoga classes I attended throughout the semester I have had a new appreciation to the emotional, spiritual, and physical benefits from yoga. I not only have felt more relaxed and rested, but my anxiety seems to have diminished because of practicing. This class I went to this week was similar to the previous classes. Sandy focused on the crow position and sirsasana. Everyone in class this week have been going to her classes for a few months now so there were no newbies. She was trying to let us hone these positions. Overall this class has been a wonderful experience and I've actually decided to declare a holistic health minor now because of this. Because I am a nursing major, I had only been exposed to the biomedical approach to healthcare. I now have a new interest in the alternative and holistic health approach. Have a great summer!

Yoga Practice Week 13

Well this is the last week of practice before finals. Although we don't have to blog about experiences after this week, I still plan on going to yoga especially gentle yoga next week during finals. I went to Carlos's class this week and it was pretty much the same as previous weeks. I'm almost getting sick of chaturanga by this point. Maybe I should try to mix up my practices and take another hot yoga class or different classes at other studios. I can say that I have successfully mastered the pigeon and the crane pose through attending these classes at Tilton Fitness.

Yoga Practice Week 12

This week, I yet again went to Sandy's class and still struggled with trying to get into a hand stand. I was able to master the crow pose however! I've also noticed that my lower back is not hurting as much as it used to. I'm starting to feel not only the physical, but also the spiritual and emotional effects doing this weekly yoga practice is having on my body. I can only imagine how I would feel if I went more than just once a week. I was able to get into a tree pose without falling over so my balance is improving a lot as well!